Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about our services:
“What should I do when I show up to scrap something?”
- Upon arrival you will need to check in with our scale operator. You will need a valid form of identification so we can input your information in our system. After checking in you are ready to scrap! For larger scrap ferrous metals pull up to our full length, state certified truck scale for a quick inbound and outbound weight. For smaller items and non-ferrous metals pull under our enclosed canopy and our professional staff will assist you.
“How much can I actually expect to make?”
- The amount of money you can expect to receive scrapping material is dependent on 3 things: Type of material, weight of material, and current market value. We have numerous different ferrous and non-ferrous commodities ranging from $0.05/lb. and exceeding $12/lb. The more weight you bring in the more money you can expect to receive! All pricing is subject to fluctuation due to market conditions. Call or stop in today so we can help you turn your scrap into cash!!!
“Do you take scrap cars?”
- At GT Scrap, we currently do not take scrap cars at either of our locations. However, we do take a variety of car parts and other metals found in vehicles. Check back in the future for any changes regarding our scrap car recycling policy.
“What metals can I bring to your facility?”
- At GT Scrap we take a variety of ferrous, non-ferrous and electronic scrap including:
- Ferrous Metals:
- Sheet Iron
- Cast Iron
- Structural Steel
- Heavy Melt
- Borings and Turnings
- Non-Ferrous Metals:
- Insulated Copper Wire
- Catalytic Converters
- Electric Motors
- PC Towers
- Hard Drives
“Can I recycle plastics and cardboard at your facilities?”
- GT Scrap is specifically a scrap metal recycling center. We do not take any forms of plastic or cardboard. There are plenty of other recycling centers dedicated specifically to plastic and cardboard recycling. However, we would be happy to recycle any scrap metal you may have.
“Do I have to take a cash payment?”
- At GT Scrap, even though we have ATMs on-site we do offer other alternatives for payment if you don’t wish to receive a cash payout. For any commercial recycling, we can create a payment method by check per your request.
If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Give us a call at (586) 949-2475 so we can get you the information you need.